Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Morimotorgasm


Aline and I had our 10 year anniversary yesterday, and we celebrated by going to
Morimoto. For those of you who aren't in the know, Morimoto is owned/run by Iron Chef Morimoto. He was my favorite Iron Chef, though I'm not sure why, aside from the fact that he never took any shit from Bobby Flay. Anyways, it was one of the best meals I've ever had. We got one of the Omakase tasting menus, which I feel compelled to document in its entirety:

1. Tuna tartare with shallots, caviar and a Japanese peach
2. Kumamoto oysters with three different sauces
3. Scallops carpaccio
4. Sashimi salad
5. Peach sorbet (palate-cleanser)
6. Half lobster with vegetables
7. Kobe beef with Japanese sweet potatoes and truffles
8. A sushi course
9. Some sort of chocolate mousse and blood orange thing for dessert

I'm not telling you all this because I really think you give a crap. Rather, I want to be able to look back at this blog and recall this meal long after excessive alcohol use has wiped out my long-term memory.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home